The economy has a lot of room for improvement, and between the excessive layoffs and qualifying jobs being hard to find here are 4 guaranteed ways to rapidly boost your career. That doesn’t mean you can’t take a few extra steps to give your career a significant boost. It’s important to always be working on your career. No one else will do it for you!
Careers are like sandcastles. If you’re not putting time and energy into them, they tend to decay and fall apart.
Consider taking these 4 steps to boost your career:
- Explore freelancing. Over 42 million people in the US have started a business since the onset of COVID19. Technology has changed the landscape of the traditional workplace. High-speed internet, webcams, and conferencing platforms have made it a reality to work independently from home.
- The only drawbacks are questionable job security, the need to get your own paid health insurance and retirement benefits.
- However, with good experience and strong skills, you can boost your earnings significantly.
- Learn how to network. Whether you work independently or not, networking is still a critical skill to have in your toolbox. Take the time to network across all the available platforms, including social media. Groups related to your field can also be very useful.
- Tiktok, Twitter, Facebook, LyfePal, LinkedIn, and others provide a worthwhile resource to facilitate making connections with others. This means it’s easier to find new clients or new employment.
- Many adults find social media annoying, but it’s here to stay. Learn how to take advantage of it.
- Choose a mentor. Find a mentor within your organization or career field. Choose a mentor who has been down a similar career path as you and is now where you aspire to be someday.
- Every work environment has its own set of unwritten rules that have some impact on who is successful and who isn’t.
- A good mentor can assist with navigating your career, avoiding the traps, and ensuring you do well.
- If you’re a freelancer, a mentor is just as valuable. There’s always someone willing to help. You just have to find them. Networking would be a great process to use when looking for a suitable mentor.
- Embrace the idea of continuous improvement. The most successful people practically make a religion out of improving themselves.
- Some employees will take it upon themselves to get some additional training or education. But how many of them really look in the mirror and continuously better themselves? Not many.
- If you spend a little time working on your skills each day, it really adds up over several months. Be proactive and determine what skills and knowledge will be most valuable to you in the future. Being just one step ahead makes you look like a genius.
- Employees who show initiative really stand out. Consider how few individuals actually change. By boosting your skills and image, others will start to notice you in a big way. Competitors will notice, too.
- While the economy is still struggling to grow at a healthy rate, there are still things you can do to boost your career and job prospects.
- Freelancing can be a good idea for certain individuals with marketable skills.
- Networking is always a valuable strategy. It really is all about who you know.
Put these tips into practice immediately, even if you’re already thrilled with your current career. It can always get better. If you decide to start off as a freelancer, be sure to check out How to Start a Freelance Business video course.
Being a freelancer is one of the most liberating career paths. It is also one of the toughest. Starting a freelance business is not just as simple as waking up in the morning, rolling out of bed, and opening your laptop. Freelancing is not just an easy way to monetize your hobbies and nor is it easier than a “proper” job.
Nevertheless, freelance work is some of the most rewarding work you will ever do. Freelance can be done part-time, on the side, or, eventually, it may turn into a full-time job. This video course will give you all the tools that you need to be a successful freelancer. It will tackle common problems and answer the most common questions that new freelancers have.